All students wishing to matriculate at Barrytown College of UTS must complete and submit an application for admission either hard copy or on-line. There are a few additional Instructions for Homeschooled Student Applicants. The application fee is $30.
To be considered complete, all applications must be accompanied by official transcripts of previous academic work including a high school transcript or copy of a GED and transcripts from previous colleges and/or universities attended. In addition, applicants may choose to submit the results of the American College Test (ACT) or the Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT).
Students not seeking a degree from Barrytown College of UTS may register for classes on a non-matriculated basis. If a non-matriculated student desires to become a matriculating degree seeking student he or she must fill out an application for admissions at a later date. Once the student is accepted to matriculated status, all related courses successfully completed will apply toward the Bachelors of Arts in World Religions and Philosophy degree.
It is an honor and privilege for Barrytown College of UTS to receive applications from students who have been homeschooled for a portion or all of their schooling. Barrytown College of UTS’s requirements for homeschooled applicants differ from our requirements from non-homeschooled students. Homeschooled students are required to provide the following:
- A full summary of curriculum and documentation as to how the curriculum was met.
- Names of all textbooks or other books used and the content covered from the textbooks.
- A written summary of how the student was evaluated.
- Grades or other results of any coursework and testing.
- We strongly recommend a personal interview either in person or via Skype.
- A completed application form, including intended degree program, signature and date.
- Official high school transcript with a minimum GPA of 3.00 and official transcripts from all colleges, and universities attended. Official transcripts have the official college seal and signature, and must be mailed directly to the Admissions Office from the issuing institution. If the original transcript is in a language other than English, the applicant must also submit the English translation.
- A personal essay.
- Two recommendation letters,* one from the applicant's teacher or high school administrator, one character reference from a family friend or clergy.
- TOEFL or CELT score (for non-native English speakers).
- One digital and one passport-size photograph OR two passport-size photographs.
- Proof of immunization for Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR). Students born before 1/1/1957 are exempted from this requirement.
- SAT/ACT scores are recommended but not required.
*Effective from Spring 2015 applicants. (2014-15 UTS Catalog lists “three recommendation letters”
Thank you and we are excited that you are interested in attending Barrytown College of UTS!